Thursday, January 3, 2013

Butterfly Wall Art



I got this really cool idea for wall art when you have a large area to cover with limited amounts of funds. I printed out tons of butterflies on a specialty translucent paper. I wanted to be able to re-position the butterflies without leaving any sticky crud on my walls. I found the perfect adhesive pads that were just the ticket.



I stuck 50 butterflies to my living room wall and folded up the wings. They looked awesome- very realistic. I fell in love, and so did everyone else who came over to visit. I don't think there was a singe person who didn't comment on the butterflies
 I got so many requests to make them for others that I decided to sell them in my shop. They're a hit, I've gotten a lot of thank yous from happy customers.

Just check out this lovely photo from one of my customers. This wall art was created using one set of 50 monarchs and one set of regular colorful butterflies. It turned out simply stunning.      






If you would like a set a butterflies a link to my Etsy shop is in the toolbar above. Happy New Year!







Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I had similar butterflies in my room when I was a child.
    http://artyandcraftylittlethings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Beautiful too! I'd love it if you stopped by my weekly link party and shared this. http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look. Congrats on your online success. Thanks for sharing on beColorful this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, thanx for the pea pod necklace tutorial! I am going to make one for my daughter coz her nickname is sweetpea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you still selling these?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete